3-day program, including 1 day hands-on – CPD 64 hours
- Orthodontic goals of treatment including Andrews six keys of occlusion
- Classification and aetiolgy of maloclussion
- Conventional orthodontic diagnosis
- Orthodontic clinical examination and patient concerns
- Developing a problem list and goals of treatment and formulation of a treatment plan
- Orthodontic record collection -intraoral and extra oral photographs, radiographs, cephalometric analysis, impression
- Technique and space calculation
- Digital treatment planning
- 3D orthodontic diagnosis and VTO (Visual Treatment Objective)
- Extraction vs Non-Extraction, how to make the decision
- Case presentation techniques—the keys to successful conversion
- Retention as it applies to diagnosis
- Case portal and 3 d viewer
- The successful integration of orthodontics into a general practice.
- Kathy Metaxis – Patient conversion
Hands on component will include:
- Loading cases onto the portal
- Cephalometric analysis
- Space analysis
- Photography and PVS impressions
Lecture by Dr Geoff Hall, The OrthoED Institute.
Following the completion of this 3-day program, the participant will understand the difference between a physiological and pathological occlusion and the orthodontic goals for the treatment both functionally and aesthetically. They will be able to diagnose orthodontic cases that vary from simple to more complex and develop a problem list and formulate a problem list and individual treatment plan. They will understand good orthodontic records and learn the tools for digital treatment planning, 3D orthodontic diagnosis and case presentation and have a full understanding of orthodontic retention, relapse and to plan retention based on the patients’ individual needs. They will also start their preparation to integrate orthodontics into their general practice, effectively, efficiently and profitably.
Ready to start?
Head over to our Course registration page to get started.
Dr Rohit Sachdeva, Founder and developer of suresmile, and inventor of the copper niti archwire.
Need some motivation to start?
Download our 10 reasons why you should implement orthodontics into your practice